Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rosetta Stone

Raleigh, NC

I bought the Rosetta stone (French) software a few weeks back. The Level 1,2 and 3 along with the audio companion put me back by $480. Enrolling in an institute for French classes was an even expensive proposition.

So far I give the software high points. I don't believe that the software is enough to build good vocabulary but it does help understand the language basics. I hope to learn just about enough with this software to get by in France. I am conflicted about how much effort I should put into French language training. Post MBA I plan to work in Brazil, so it might be better to focus fully on learning Portuguese?

Talking about Portuguese and Brazil, there is an ad campaign running there encouraging people to pee in the shower to conserve water.


The idea might sound gross to some but I think it's a very practical idea to save water. Would I do it? I will leave that for a later post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment