Saturday, January 2, 2010

Why HEC?

Raleigh, NC

School selection during the MBA admissions process can be quite stressful. Researching the schools, determining the fit and creating a list of schools which one wants to apply to can take weeks if not months. I applied to the following schools

HEC Paris - admitted with 13K Euros scholarship
LBS - Dinged without interview.
IE Business School Madrid - Admitted

After living for 8 years in the USA, I felt the need to further expand my international experience. An MBA in Europe seemed to be an attractive option. I wanted to attend an MBA program longer than the 10 month or 1 year programs which most European schools offer. LBS and HEC were the best fit for me in terms of program duration and structure. IE was my backup plan.

LBS provides no feedback about their admission process. I can only guess as to the reasons why I was dinged. Probably my GMAT score was low? (700). Overall, I am super excited about starting the MBA program in September 2010 at HEC. HEC has fantastic dual degree programs. I plan to pursue the one with FGV, Sao Paulo. I am taking Portuguese and French classes and I can only hope that I don't mix them all up.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Arvind

    Can I ask you when exactly did you get to know about the scholarship decision for HEC MBA? Did the scholarship decision come along with the admission decision, or, if later, then how much later?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete